Do you may have an invention you KNOW will sometime change the world? Have you ever been toiling for years in your basement, constructing prototype after prototype to PROVE that your thought works? If that’s the case, inform us about it! Enter the fourth annual PopSci Invention Awards.
We’re searching for game-changing merchandise that come from the passionate drive of unbiased inventors (somewhat than these born within the R&D labs of universities and companies). PopSci editors will decide 10 innovations that finest characterize the spirit of homegrown ingenuity and remedy real-world issues in a sensible and progressive method. And we’ll present them to our seven million readers in our June 2010 concern. Click on right here to take a look at final 12 months’s superb winners.
Submit particulars in your invention to [email protected] Listed below are a couple of tips:
- Innovations should be bodily objects—no processes or ideas.
- There should be a working prototype or one thing else that demonstrates that the invention truly works.
- Innovations should be the work of unbiased inventors or small groups; outdoors funding is okay, however innovations created wholly out of universities or different R&D labs won’t be thought-about.
- Innovations which can be supposed to turn into industrial merchandise sooner or later are acceptable, however they need to not already be out there on the market.
- Innovations should be one thing new, not simply an incremental enchancment on an current factor.
- In style Science won’t publish an entry on-line or in print with out notifying the inventor first, however we are going to search third-party verification of the expertise and significance of the invention. All intellectual-property safety is the accountability of the entrant.
- All entries should be obtained by February 19, 2010.